The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 电商助力家居用品行业蓬勃发展 年增速300%-500%
- Fixed Income Securities
- 税政为楼市去库存注强心剂 市场或将迎一轮宽松
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 北京发布征求意见：新房拟实施交付前质量查验制度 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 房产中介“革命年”：模式之争 资本之争 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 类住宅受限 商地出让回归本源: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 绿色建材产业需创造核心价格赢得市场 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Special machines pump helium gas into the bubble solution.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 广州楼市开局平淡 首周新房网签跌破千套关口
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 3. Your boss received your résumé from a contact of a contact。
- 这些新数据是由一个叫做全球碳计划(Global Carbon Project)的追踪项目提交的，发表在了期刊《自然·地球科学》(Nature Geoscience)上。数据公布之际，正是联合国(United Nations)一次峰会召开前夕。此次峰会意在激发新的政治愿望来解决气候变化问题。科学家说，这些数据表明，如果要把长期的全球变暖问题控制在可以承受的范围内，还需要做出极大的努力。
- 一二线城市加速供地 三四线明显放缓
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
In truth, slower growth of about 8 per cent could be better for China and for the world. More environmentally sustainable and equitable outcomes would ease popular concerns and higher consumption would ease tensions over global trade.