Definition: Financial Market refers to a marketplace, where creation and trading of financial assets, such as shares, debentures, bonds, derivatives, currencies, etc. take place. It plays a crucial role in allocating limited resources, in the country’s economy. It acts as an intermediary between the savers and investors by mobilising funds between them.
Functions of Financial Market
Nicole Kidman had daughter Sunday Rose at age 40, with her husband, the country singer Keith Urban. 妮可·基德曼40岁时和其丈夫，乡村歌手凯斯·厄本生下女儿桑迪·
- It facilitates mobilisation of savings and puts it to the most productive uses.
- It helps in determining the price of the securities. The frequent interaction between investors helps in fixing the price of securities, on the basis of their demand and supply in the market.
- It provides liquidity to tradable assets, by facilitating the exchange, as the investors can readily sell their securities and convert assets into cash.
- It saves the time, money and efforts of the parties, as they don’t have to waste resources to find probable buyers or sellers of securities. Further, it reduces cost by providing valuable information, regarding the securities traded in the financial market.
The financial market may or may not have a physical location, i.e. the exchange of asset between the parties can also take place over the internet or phone also.
Classification of Financial Market
- By Nature of Claim
- Debt Market: The market where fixed claims or debt instruments, such as debentures or bonds are bought and sold between investors.
- Equity Market: Equity market is a market wherein the investors deal in equity instruments. It is the market for residual claims.
- By Maturity of Claim
- Money Market: The market where monetary assets such as commercial paper, certificate of deposits, treasury bills, etc. which mature within a year, are traded is called money market. It is the market for short-term funds. No such market exist physically; the transactions are performed over a virtual network, i.e. fax, internet or phone.
- Capital Market: The market where medium and long term financial assets are traded in the capital market. It is divided into two types:
- Primary Market: A financial market, wherein the company listed on an exchange, for the first time, issues new security or already listed company brings the fresh issue.
- Secondary Market: Alternately known as the Stock market, a secondary market is an organised marketplace, wherein already issued securities are traded between investors, such as individuals, merchant bankers, stockbrokers and mutual funds.
- By Timing of Delivery
- Cash Market: The market where the transaction between buyers and sellers are settled in real-time.
- Futures Market: Futures market is one where the delivery or settlement of commodities takes place at a future specified date.
- By Organizational Structure
- Exchange-Traded Market: A financial market, which has a centralised organisation with the standardised procedure.
- Over-the-Counter Market: An OTC is characterised by a decentralised organisation, having customised procedures.
Perhaps just as important, stable or falling prices will boost the inflation-adjusted pay of U.S. workers and gives them more bang for their buck. "It's an unambiguous positive for household demand," said Neil Dutta, head of economics at Renaissance Macro Research. "People will have more money to spend."
No.3: Diamond Is So Obsolete
D'ALOISIO HAS BEEN quoted opining that 'time is the new currency.' It's the driving notion behind Summly. It's also a strangely wise observation from a 17-year-old. At that age, many of us had more time on our hands than we knew how to fill without plummeting into severe boredom. It's easy to forget-conversing over lunch in a London caf钼 or strolling through the Tate Modern-that D'Aloisio was born in 1995 and has not yet graduated from high school. Or that he still lives in his childhood bedroom, in a cozy upper-middle-class home. As I chat with his parents, he excuses himself to work on his computer. Slouching down the hall in his stocking feet, hems of his skinny jeans brushing the hallway carpet, it is the most kidlike you will ever see him.